10/13/13

And We're Walking Again!

Here it is. Walktober. The time of year that I'm usually counting the seconds until the show starts. The Walking Dead is the only show I plan my life around. Anyone who knows me, knows that on Sundays starting in October, I belong to AMC. This October has been different, so this post will be way different.


This season, I've been dreading the show coming back. I haven't lost my love for the show. It's still just as strong as ever, but just thinking about the season starting today makes me feel sick. I haven't been wanting it to start again. This afternoon, I finally figured out why. I don't want to face a TWD universe without Merle and Andrea.


I've made no secret about my Merle love. He's a deeply complex character that didn't get the attention that he should have, but I'll get into that in a bit. In addition to my Merle love, I'm a huge fan of Andrea in the comics and fell in love with Laurie Holden. I kept waiting for the writers to let her become the Andrea that she was meant to be, not the Andrea they created for her, but again, that's something I'll expand on in a bit.


I'm going to take some time to cover my predictions from the last post. Once again, I was right on a lot of things. Things I'd rather not be right on. Hang on folks. This one is a doozy.


(Side Note: I'm not the only one who thinks it's hilarious that Te Governor and Tyreese are dressed alike, right?)

• Caryl. Yes, I used the ship name.
This is kind of a half win. We see where they are pushed closer together by Merle's death. Daryl needs Carol more than ever now. Norman Reedus has kinda, sorta eluded to something between them, but he didn't give the fans anything solid to sink our teeth into. Something tells me that it won't happen like we all want it to happen.


• A lot more Daryl and Merle screen time.
This is the point where I want to cuss, cry and scream. Yeah, we got some more Dixon brother time, but it didn't last long. I'm still heartbroken over the loss of Merle. It really shouldn't have happened so soon.


• The Governor takes an army of Woodbury citizens to try to take over the prison.
This is self explanatory. It happened, but I'm beyond pissed that they didn't have the tank. I know I'm not the only other comic fan that is disappointed that they didn't have it.


• Before the end of the season, Glenn and Maggie get married. I want Hershel to marry them in the cafeteria just like in the comic.
• They have said a major character dies. … Merle (even though that crushes my heart)…
Merle died. Andrea died. And I sobbed like a little bitch.


There you have it. What I was right about last season. I'm not making predictions this go around. I have a few things I'd like to see happen, but maybe that's another post for another day. I'm going to climb up on my soap box for a little while.


Andrea was a stunning character. She was everything for a woman or girl to look up to. They took that wonderful character from the comic and made her depend on men. Laurie Holden is incredible and would have taken comic Andrea and brought her to life beautifully. Instead, they wrote her into a blah role and didn't use all that glorious potential. They could have had her kill Milton and became the bad ass she was meant to be. Instead they killed her. No bueno. I needed strong Andrea.


Merle. Merle. Merle. I love you. I'll always love you. Such a deep character. Beautiful.


Disclaimer: No person, thing, book, show, movie, character, or zombie mentioned in this post in any way, shape, or form, asked me to write this or gave me any compensation to write this. I jacked all images from Google image search or Twitter and just assumed they fell under the Public Domain Usage thingy. Please don't sue, I'm broke anyways. I just wanted to share my Walking Dead obsession with Bloggywood! While I was not offered anything to write this, I will be more than happy to receive any swag you may want to send my way.


- Whether you love me or hate me, you know who I am.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena