7/15/11

40 Things About Me

40 Things About Me is a list game people are playing on Twitter today, but instead of clogging my followers' feeds, I'm just posting here. Enjoy and tell me what you think about me!



1. My kids are the most amazing people I've ever met. They are incredibly smart, super funny, insanely crafty, mischievous and gorgeous. I am so blessed and they are proof God is real. They give me a reason to live.


2. I was pregnant for 5 months before I had any signs of being pregnant. (That's how my oldest son got here)

3. I have 2 tattoos with plans for at least 6-7 more.

4. I am terrified of clowns, little people & "dirty water" (any water with living things in it)

5. My iPhone is my best friend (behind my husband and cousin)

6. I wanted to be an actress but stopped when I was told I needed to completely lose my Southern accent (even when speaking regularly)

7. I wanted to be a model but stopped when I was told I was "too fat" (I was 135lbs & 5'10, so NOT fat)

8. I am studying to do hair, makeup & nails professionally but I never do my own unless it's a special occasion or I'm working in the salon.

9. I was a part of a 3 time gold medal winning colorguard/winterguard. We set the standard for excellence! Champs, baby! (that's me, front and center!)


10. I'm 5'10. Considered tall on my mom's side of the family, but I'm short compared to my biological dad's side.

11. Sugar skulls are my trademark because I love Dia de los Muertos. I have shirts, shoes, a diaper bag, baby sling (that I'm converting into a purse, and a planner organizer that all have sugar skulls on them.

12. I refuse to drive anything but Fords. I now have a black Ford Escape XLT which is my most favorite possession. (My iPhone is like a person so it doesn't count)


13. Thirteen is my lucky number

14. I married my high school sweetheart. (you'll find out more about him later or you can get a head start and read here or here)

15. I am a huge Norman Reedus fan.

16. I'm a big Michael Rooker fan too. Which brings me to…

17. I'm an administrator for Dixon's Vixens (learn more about us here)

18. I voted for Obama (Send me hate mail if you want, I'll just delete it. I'm an American and it's my God given right to vote for who I think is the least evil man or woman for the job)

19. I am a member of the Alabama chapter of NORML. I strongly believe we should LEGALIZE IT!

20. I spent the majority of my years as a pageant queen. I always wanted to be Ms. Alabama, but now (one day, anyways) I'm either going to go out for Mrs. Alabama or try to be a judge. (me crowning my 10th grade year)


21. I try my damnedest to eat right and exercise but I still give in to my sweet tooth (in moderation)

22. I'm a huge movie junkie. 75% of what I say comes from a movie line.

23. I love to paint, but hardly find the time to.

24. I'm a self proclaimed zombie expert. I KNOW I'll survive!

25. I'm a true Taurus. Every trait I have. I'm so not exaggerating.

26. I'm tri racial. A wonderful mix of Mexican, American Indian, and Caucasian. (That explains why I'm so smokin hot! LOL)

27. I do everything in my power to buy American made. (Sadly, a lot of stuff doesn't come from America any more) (But my kids do! That's my youngest son when he was my "Little Baby")


28. I love to write, but don't do it often enough because I'm scared of rejection.

29. I love Greek mythology. Even compiled my own dictionary when I was 13. I lost it, but I've been thinking of making another.

30. I make a lot of inappropriate jokes. There's not much I consider to be off limits when it comes to laughs. If you cross that like, you get a "Dude! Not cool!" from me.

31. I'm a huge nerd. I love knowledge for the sake of knowledge. I've gathered TONS of useless information all the time, and I am known for spouting it at random.

32. I love to tell stories. I have a tale for everything. And it's hard to shut me up.

33. I'm a conspiracy buff. Notice I did not say nut. I don't believe in all conspiracies, but I feel the need to know all conspiracies. I guess it goes all back to the knowledge for the sake of knowledge thing.

34. I believe in the power of dreams. I keep my dream dictionary in my headboard and another on my phone. I love reading up on meanings to see what my subconscious is saying.

35. I completely believe in the spirit world. If there is a spirit near by, I will know. I can't explain it. I just feel them. I like to think when you die, sure you go to Heaven if you're good, but you can still come back to visit and check up on loved ones. Not too long ago I was driving home fro school and I felt my uncle in the back seat. He died when I was three; he was 17. He just wanted to say "Hi" (This was my uncle. I named my oldest after him.)


36. I love Adult Swim. I've been watching since they called for "All kids out of the pool." I thought I was so cool for watching grown up tv.

37. My papa taught me leather working . I know how to make sheaths for knives, purses and jewelry, but he can make gun belts, any sized saddle (I even have one hanging from my rear view mirror) and just about anything you could want..

38. I have two turtles. Orlando and Touga. Easy pets. I've had Orlando (named after Orlando Bloom, since he looks like hubs) for 7 years, Touga (named after the leatherback sea turtle in Go, Diego, Go! Tortuga is turtle in Spanish) for 4.

39. My mommy set up my blog for me because I am incredibly computer stupid.

40. My mom comes from a big family and we're all really close. Here's us after a Zumba class (me, mom, two of my aunts. Not my grandparents, pictured are another aunt, an uncle and all the assorted spouses, cousins and pets that come with that.


This was possibly the hardest post I have ever written! DAMN! I didn't realize it would be that hard to blab about myself!

Disclaimer: No person, place, thing, organization, company, country, race or group mentioned in this post in any way, shape, or form, ask me to write this or gave me any compensation to write this. I jacked all images from myself. Please don't sue, I'm broke anyways. I just wanted to share something quirky with Bloggywood! While I was not offered anything to write this, I will be more than happy to receive any swag you may want to send my way.

- Whether you love me or hate me, you know who I am.

2 comments:

Karina said...

I loved this! Thanks for sharing.

I am tempted to do one myself but I don't think I could think of 40 interesting things to say lol

K :-D

Jenn Holton said...

Oh, now I want to do this! I was brought over here through the Dixon's Vixens newsletter.

#3: I feel you. There is always another tattoo in mind after you get that first one.

#29: I lived in Greece for a few years as a kid. In school we had an extra class that we went to called "Host Nation" where a local teacher taught us all Greek mythology and basic Greek phrases. I would love to trade stories with you about Greek history and tell you about the places and things I saw there.

Yeah, I'm going to go do this on Tumblr. I'll link back to you here.

 
Designed by Lena